Thursday 20 September 2012

Animal Accent Nails

Good evening lovelies

I hope you have all had good weeks so far and are looking forward to the weekend already?

I've got a really busy weekend planned which I am really looking forward to. Its my little sisters birthday so we have lots of plans for a nice breakfast together, then a late lunch out with the girls and also a meal at our favourite place - Yo Sushi, next week. I love it when birthdays last more than one day :-).

Onto a manicure that lasted two days... yes two days I hear you gasp. I loved the look and the colours so much that I left it in place so I could appreciate it a little longer than usual.



To create this manicure I decided I would like accent nails (as I usually do) but on this occasion I went for the index and middle finger nails as I first saw worn by Marta over at ChitChatNails. I love Marta's blog and its always a great source of inspiration for my 'to do' list (follow the above link to go and browse her lovely blog).

For the accent nails I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (MBSW). I want to love this polish so much but I get such bad bald spots in it that it makes me feel I'm doing something wrong. Its the perfect shade of white/grey so I persevere with it out of stubborness :-). I painted exposed All Nighter on my other nails which is a bright magenta/deep fuschia colour. This is the first time I've used this polish as a base and it was a tad frustrating, however it is great to stamp with as can be seen here. It dries matt in super quick time so application was a little uneven.


I then stamped this lovely zebra (could also be used for tiger) print from BM 223 using Konad Black. In order to cover up a little bald spot at the base of my thumb nail I added a mini black star rhinestone and loved the look of it so much I also added them to my ring and little fingers.



I used two coats of my favourite top coat to really shine this up as All Nighter and Konad Black both dry to a matt finish. Also the top coat helps to protect the little rhinestones.

I loved this manicure and All Nighter is one of those polishes that just draws attention and compliments :-).

One final picture below because I just couldnt resist

Louise xx


3 comments:

  1. OMG I love this mani! It's so fun and I love the addition of the tiny stars. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous... It should have lasted until this weekend, instead of 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one! Looking forward to this weekend!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete