Friday 30 November 2012

Black & Gold Skittlette

Happy Friday lovelies!

I love the weekends! Tonight we are having our first of several Christmas meals. We will be dining at Loch Fyne with six of our close friends and I cant wait. We booked it several months ago and have already picked our food so all that is left to do is drink fine wine and enjoy ourselves!

Saturday we will be wrapping our Christmas presents and drinking a large amount of Baileys as is traditional in our house! Then on Sunday we are meeting up with lots more of our friends to go for a roast dinner to celebrate Tasha's birthday. Busy but fun.

Onto my NOTD... Black and Gold is such a great combo


For my little finger and thumb nails I used Barry M Gold Mine Glitter. It is the first time I have used this and I love it. Easy to apply and very effective.


 For my ring finger I painted the base with two coats of W7 Black and then stamped this gorgeous and detailed lily flower design using Barry M Gold Foil. The design is from plate BM 314.



Now here is where I admit to a nail fail :-(. I originally painted my index and middle fingers with three coats of OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons and then stamped the below filigree scroll design using Konad Black. Unfortunately even though I left it to dry for 35 minutes and ran both nails under cold water to 'set' the design they still smudged terribly. Why does Seche Vite hate Konad polish so much?


I couldn't leave it looking all sad and smudgey like that so I quickly removed those two nails and returned to my trusty W7 Black and simple gold studs for added detail.


So how do you like my black and gold skittlette? I think it looks classy :-)

I will return to that beautiful filigree scroll design in the near future

Have fantastic weekends everyone

Louise xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow Louise, sounds like your going to have a fantastic weekend - I hope you do! I love the nails, I think I prefer it after you changed those two nails to black. The stamping stands out wonderfully. I am always in awe at your stamping skills! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks great!! Your nails will be turning heads at dinner! Enjoy yourself!!

    ReplyDelete