Sunday 17 February 2013

Purple Chequers

Good afternoon lovelies!

How has your weekend been? Mine was lovely, I got to spend lots of time with my hubby which is always amazing and I had a wonderful lunch and spa afternoon with my little sister on Saturday :-).

The only negative over our weekend is that our dog Tuscan has been poorly with a stomach infection so we have spent time at the Vets and he is now on several different treatments to hopefully make him much better. Our youngest dog Lily has been very protective over him and done her best to make big bro forget his pain and carry on play fighting with her :-)

Onto my nail of the weekend...


I started this manicure with three coats of Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Prickly Pear. This is the only polish from the Gelly collection so far that has needed a third coat for full opacity which is a little disappointing however the colour is really pretty and I was pleased with the final look.



I added a quick coat of Northern Lights Silver Hologram to add a little sparkle but also to aid the drying time of the three coats so I could get on with the stamping.


Then using the very eye catching Barry M Vivid Purple I stamped this very effective chequered flag pattern from Cheeky plate CH 3. I had been saving this for a black and white manicure but as I was looking through my stamping plates tonight I just couldn't resist :-)



How do you like this look? I think lilac and purple look really good together and I love this chequered flag style design.

Louise xx
@L_i_P_P

3 comments: