Saturday 16 March 2013

Taped Chevron nail art

Good evening lovelies

Time for some nail art that does not involve stamping... I know unusual for me, right?

This didn't turn out quite as I had in mind... I think mostly that is because of the colours I chose. The finished look really reminded me of the colours and designs that you would see on a cheerleaders school uniform! Do you know what I mean... or am I a little crazy off the nail polish fumes tonight :-)


I started with two coats of Orly Glow on all nails except my ring finger. Glow is a very pale nude creme which if I was wearing it alone would need a third coat just to even it out but as I was covering more than half of each nail I stopped at two. At this point I added a layer of Seche Vite and went off to make a cuppa as you really need plenty of drying time before you start laying the tape strips down.


I taped off half off each Glow based nail with a pre cut chevron strip I purchased on eBay. I then painted the visible part of my nail with Orly Flicker. A stunning copper polish that I unexpectedly adored last time I wore it. At this point I added another slick of Seche Vite and sat with hubby to catch up on TV...



Finally I taped my nails off again using fresh chevron strips, this time covering a V shaped section of Flicker. Then using Illamasqua Boosh (black) I painted the tip on each nail as well as my full ring finger.


Here is a small tutorial I put together for Instagram... I cannot make it bigger as the picture quality is too low but I hope you can get the idea :-)


Finally I added three small square rhinestones to the accent nail and covered the whole lot in one more coat of Seche Vite.


This was a labour of love caused by the necessary drying time in between each colour layer but I like the end result and will definitely use these pre cut strips again. You could of course free hand the chevron shape if you have a steady enough hand (I do not).

Hope you enjoyed this post lovelies?

Louise xx
@L_i_P_P

3 comments: