Friday 7 June 2013

Barbed Wire Nails with Rose Accent

Happy Friday lovelies

Yay its the weekend... The sun is shining and I have lots of lovely plans to keep me busy. On Saturday the hubs and I are going to see his sister and niece for the day. The forecast is good so we can walk up and down the seafront eating chips and ice-cream :-). On Sunday I am going shopping with a friend who needs a nice posh dress as she is going to a wedding at the end of this month. The in the evening I hope Mr LiPP will dust off the BBQ for the first time this year so we can make the most of the light evenings. Perfect!


For this manicure I used another of my new Sally Hansen polishes, this one is Black Platinum. This polish is smoky black in colour rather than jet black and as a result it took three thin coats for full opactiy. I loved the slightly 'subtle' look this polish gave compared to my usual black nail polishes.

Black Platinum dries to a slight matt finish which made the pretty silver sparkles look a little more pearl like.


For my ring finger accent nail I used two coats of Sterling Silver Rose by Orly. I thought the subtle silver shimmer base in this polish would compliment the smoky black perfectly :-).


Using my most trusty stamping polish ever - Barry M Silver Foil - I stamped each of my black nails with a barbed wire design and my accent nail with large roses. Both of these patterns are found on plate BM 323.


It was almost too sunny for me to take pictures... not that I am complaining of course ;-)


I hope you all have fantastic weekends - dont forget to follow me on Instagram to see more nail pics, jewellery of the day pics and usually a couple of cute dog snaps :-)

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful manicure! I LOVE the silver barbed wire on black, its stunning and unique. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete