Wednesday 5 June 2013

Flip Flop Fantasy Tape Manicure

Good evening lovelies

Nothing says summer like a neon polish called Flip Flop Fantasy! This China Glaze beauty has been on my wishlist for a while so I was pleased to pick this up in a recent haul at our local wholesalers. The true colour was ridiculously hard to capture on camera and in real life is slightly 'peachier' than my pictures show.


I started with two coats of Flip Flop Fantasy. A neon bright coral polish which dries super quick to quite a matt finish.


Using striping tape I then added a large criss cross to each nail. I will post some pictures on Instagram later tonight of the various stages. You can follow me by searching for @l_i_P_P or clicking the Instagram panel on the right hand side of this blog page.


Working on one finger at a time I used uber sparkly I Herd That glitter and Barry M Lychee to fill in selected triangles created by the criss cross tape. I left one triangle on each nail free so that Flip Flop Fantasy was still a main colour in the design.


Before each nail was dry I carefully removed the striping tape and added a square gold stud to the centre of the design. Once everything was dry I topped the whole lot off with a nice thick layer of Seche Vite top coat.


It is no wonder that Flip Flop Fantasy is one of the best selling summer nail polish colours and I am certain this will also become a pedicure favourite of mine :-)

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the combo. I've been lemming for this shade for just about forever!

    ReplyDelete