Saturday 15 June 2013

Flower Stickers Nail Art

Happy Saturday lovelies
If the weather is not going to look or behave like summer then the least I can do is fake the summery vibe by making my nails the brightest they can be :-). Tonight we are off to a BBQ so while we will be wrapped up in jumpers and jeans my nails will shine bright.


I started with three coats of China Glaze Towel Toy Boy on each nail. I wanted to love this polish so much but I just couldn't... it was so thin that the first coat was almost transparent. It dried to a matte finish which just made the streaks even more prominent and even after the third coat I could still see patches I wasn't happy with :-(. On camera this polish looks lovely but trust me in real life it was far from lovely.

The picture below taken with my forced flash on is more colour accurate. I love the colour but hate the formula.

In order to hide the thin patches I decided to add some pretty flower decals that have been kicking around my nail room forever! I carefully peeled each flower individually from the backing and simply stuck them on once my nails were dry.

Once I had the flowers positioned how I wanted them I sealed the whole lot with a good coat of Seche Vite.

This is the first time I have been disappointed with the formula of a China Glaze polish which is such a shame as the colour is so pretty. Oh well the overall manicure looked summery and bright :-)

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

2 comments:

  1. Stickers can be such a quick and easy accent when I'm running out of the house, I find. :) And they're really durable! This is a cute look!

    ReplyDelete