Thursday 25 July 2013

Leopard Print nails: Summer colours

Good evening lovelies

Just a quick post tonight as I am rushing in the door from a sales conference and then back out again for a team night out at a local comedy club.

I loved the idea of these nails as I planned the colours in my head but I didnt like them once I was finished...



I started with a base of Mango from the latest Barry M Gelly collection. Mango was the colour that sold out first and was harder to get hold of than the other four but actually once I had it on my nails I didnt like it. The quality of the polish was perfect as always with the Gelly collection but this particular shade just doesnt work for me.



Using a plain black polish from the W7 brand I stamped this animal print design from plate BM 221. The design is actually a little too small and fussy looking for me but it saves me having to freehand :-).



Using a dotting tool I then filled in some of the animal print spots with small amounts of Barry M Gelly in Pomegranate (gorgeous dark pink/cerise) and Dragon Fruit (very light bright pink).

Here is a picture showing all the bottles together, I actually like these nails more now that I am really scrutinising the pictures but when I was at work they just seemed to fussy?



Hope you all have wonderful evenings (it's almost the weekend!)

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

2 comments:

  1. I actually really like this, its zesty and sassy! :P I'm normally terrified of animal print on my nails but you made this work. Its unusual in a good way! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :). I was sitting at work really hating on these nails but I really like how the pictures turned out :

      Delete