Sunday 11 August 2013

Yellow Nails with a Tribal Accent

Happy Sunday lovelies

Time has just disappeared this weekend so I cannot believe that it is already Sunday evening! I hope you all had great weekends and were able to make the most of some good weather?

Today I would like to show you a super simple mani and some freehand (dont laugh) tribal nail art...


You may have already seen that a few weeks ago I got my hands on the Superdrug limited edition Barry M polishes, and finally I had the opportunity to get this Boots limited edition Barry M polish as well.


Annoyingly these polishes have no names but that can almost be forgiven because of the funky limited edition lids! This one also features a tribal lid so I decided to create a tribal accent nail and this time I free handed the design rather than stamping.


Up close and personal...


I used Barry M Nail Art Pen in Black to simply draw on the tribal design, I think my design is to big but for a first attempt it does at least resemble the limited edition lid :-).


This yellow is summery and bright and needed three coats for full non-streaky opacity. Yellow is just one of those colours that is difficult to work with but this wasnt too bad at all and I will use it again to create some nice summer flowers.

Enjoy the rest of your evening polish pals

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love your inspiration too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen :). I love these limited edition lids - they look great as part of my Barry M collection x

      Delete
  2. Love the yellow Mini - Gorgeous mani and good job on the freehand xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Bunn! I really should practice my freehand skills more but I'm just really into stamping! x

      Delete