Friday 20 September 2013

Textured Polish Challenge: Navy and Butterflies

Happy Friday!

Challenge complete! I made it through the full week with the same textured polish on all nails except my middle and ring fingers. It was the perfect week to do this challenge as my personal nail painting time was limited to less than ten minutes a night! I've done 5 sets of gel polish nails, 2 sets of gel pedicures and been out for a lovely meal to Ask Italian. Busy!

My grande finale nails...


As you can see I switched out the gorgeous green nails and replaced them with a beautiful navy polish from budget brand NYC. This polish is called Ink Stain and is absolutely stunning in bright sunshine as it has an almost electric blue shimmer running through it. Of course with my current lighting issues I could not capture that for love nor money but believe me... it is there!


Using Barry M Silver Foil I stamped quite possibly my second favourite pattern of all time... the collection of butterflies from plate BM 307.

For my finishing touch I gently removed the green sparkles from Wednesday and replaced them with these tiny butterflies made from fimo and cut into thin slices (purchase on eBay).


I wish these pictures didn't look quite so blurry and bleached but hopefully you can get the idea... this manicure looked so pretty!

I am off to the first of several celebrations for my little sisters 30th birthday tonight! Have fantastic weekends

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

2 comments:

  1. These are super cute! I think you've done a great job showing us how easily we can make a manicure look entirely different using the same shade. I really love your little butterflies, it suits the stamping and colours perfectly! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ithi :). I love these butterflies it's just a shame they are not practical as I would wear them more. I enjoyed the challenge of trying to make each day look different so I'm glad you enjoyed following it too xx

      Delete