Sunday 26 January 2014

Swatch: Vintage Cream

Good evening my loves

What a fantastic weekend. On Friday night we went to a Spanish themed night at a friends house and ate the most amazing tapas and paella dishes all made from scratch by our hosts Jordan and Faye. On Saturday it was 'Sister Day' so Laus and I meet up with the dogs at midday, went on a lovely walk at the old quarry site and then had a fab lunch with a gin tinnie :-). Saturday evening we had a night of make up and wine. We each picked an extreme make up look and then recreated it. We had such a laugh and the pictures were awesome!

Tonight I am showing you a quick swatch...


This is Vintage Cream by Fearne. This is one of the palest nudes in my whole collection and although I dont think it suits my skin tone I still kind of like it.


This is a very pale peach/ivory shade of nude with a frustrating formula. These pictures show 4 coats (yes, I said 4!) and it still looks streaky and a little bald.


Of course I need to stamp over this so check back tomorrow to see the final look

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

8 comments:

  1. I hate when such pretty polishes have crappy formulas. Luckily stamping will help cover the naughty areas lol. I'm not sure I would have the patience for 4 coats though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. 4 coats! I mean who has time for that? I am usually done at two but three for something special... 4 is a bad record for me! The stamping made it all so much better tho :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm loving this one, the colour is beautiful. Shame to hear about the formula, I At least you know you can do something spectacular with your stamping skills! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ithi, I rarely wear pale colours so I really wasnt ready for how thin and streaky the formula could be. I think it was supposed to be left sheer with a VNL but I just couldnt do it ;)) xx

      Delete
  3. I really like that - very subtle for you lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Way too subtle for me :). Check out the final stamped version though as that looks much more like me xx

      Delete