Monday 5 May 2014

Blue and Pink Dry Marble nails

Hey lovelies

I just realised it is about time I share my birthday nails with you (given that we are now a week past the special date). I was very lucky this year and got to celebrate my birthday over several days with some very special people. On the Saturday before my birthday, 9 of my closest friends and I went for a meal at a steak house called Middletons. We ate fantastic food and indulged in a bottle or three of Prosecco. We then moved to a wine bar where we might have got through another three bottles and I might have downed a Limoncello shot! I decided to wear a very bold blue dress so of course my nails needed to be a little something special...

The fabric of my dress is the background in all pictures

It really is not like me to wear such bold statement dresses but this year I needed something a little extra special so I decided to really go for it... In your face electric blue midi length dress with brights pink shoes and clutch! I know it all sounds a little crazy but I absolutely loved it and it gave me the 'x-factor' I felt I needed ;-)


For the dry marble nails I started with a base of Barry M Matt White. I allowed the first coat to dry fully before I then applied a second coat of white and dotted on three blobs of Barry M Blue Grape and three blobs of Color Club Warhol. Using the thick end of my dotting tool I then swished the colours together in a figure of eight style pattern until I had a mix I was happy (ish) with.


This is my first attempt at a dry marble with normal polish (I do it quite a lot for my gel nail clients) so I was really pleased with the final results. These nails really gave me the something special to match my dress and shoes that I was looking for :-).


Have you tried the dry marble technique? What colours did you chose?

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

No comments:

Post a Comment