Tuesday 27 May 2014

Purple and Yellow: Summery Accent

Good evening lovelies

At work recently one of the lovely ladies who works for me mentioned that she had bought a bright yellow nail polish and was looking forward to wearing it as her new summer favourite. That got me thinking that I very rarely wear yellow of any kind, I have no items of yellow clothing in my wardrobe, no items of yellow make up in my collection and yellow very rarely features on my nails. Right I thought, that must change...


I decided to start softly softly with just a subtle accent nail. I had no idea what to pair yellow with but as I was looking forward to trying out another Champneys polish I reached for this bright purple and decided to give it a go.


This yellow is called Butter-fly Stroke and is part of the Insta-Dri range from Sally Hansen. I have several of these polishes in my collection and they usually work great for stamping too so I will try this yellow out in the next few weeks. The formula on this was great for a yellow, not a one coater but I was certainly happy with the results after two coats. Yellow is notoriously hard to work with and streaky.


To finish this off I added one quick coat of my all time favourite glitter topper - Ibiza Mix from Models Own.

I enjoyed my little dabble into yellow nail polish, maybe it will soon be time for a full sunshine bright yellow manicure.

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

2 comments:

  1. What a fun combo! I really like yellow and purple together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie :). I certainly will not be afraid to introduce yellow to a few more manis in the future :)

      Delete